This project is arguably the most challenging to date and showcases all our cut and carve specialities. It consisted of
- Demolition and alterations over 5 floors;
- Substructure and ground works including piling for new ground floor slab;
- Structural steelwork to entire superstructure, forming new riser voids and associated trimming steels;
- Infilling to floor voids including Metfloor decking and screed finish;
- Supply and install precast concrete lintels and internal blockwork partitions;
- Alterations and repairs to the existing drainage system;
- Landscaping to the perimeter of the complex.
The university building remained inhabited throughout construction as well as many trades working in proximity, often dependent upon completion of our sectional areas. This brought logistical and programme constraints that needed to be dealt with. It was done so through our continued updates on procurement and programme to all stakeholders throughout the works as well as adjusting targets to accommodate the difficult Principle Contract programme.